Stuff That Is None Of Your Business...But I Will Tell You Anyway

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I like peanut butter cookies,the smell of paint, and choose your own adventure novels.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Dear World Vision, I'm Still Waiting...

Hello again,
Now before you ask the pressing questions that are probably quite frankly on every one's minds

"How is the experiment going"
"Is she still alive?"
"Has the doctor advised her to end the experiment immediately in between changing her IV drip bag due to malnutrition?"

....I regret to inform all 2 of you that are reading this that the experiment has been briefly postponed.  Why? 

Reason #1:  Well as you all know Halloween is quickly approaching and I can pretty much guarantee you that I will not be gallivanting around the town dressed as 1 half of Salt N Pepa sober...especially since the ensemble may or may not involve over sized bling, red pleather hats and a boom box looping the intro to Push It all night while wearing salt and pepper shaker costumes. 

Drinking = $$ and last time I checked you can't even get on the bus for $1.33 a day never mind buy an over priced $8-$10 drink to help you get through the evening lookin-a-fool (see how this just isn't going to work out this month?)..looking at the math/my pride/and ability to not set myself up for failure, logic prevailed encouraging me to hold off until Nov.1st


Reason #2:   Just in case reason #1 didn't present a strong enough case...I am still eagerly awaiting my non automated response from World Vision.  I think someone needs to give them a little lesson on a thing I like to call counting to 3.  Today is day 4...and when you check your inbox 2-3 times a day starting on day 2 (because they make false promises of a 2-3 day turn around time) you become less than appreciative that such a large company is slacking and such an important concern is going unanswered!  While I attempt to stick it out another few days before calling the urgent request hot line (and I will call World Vision....I will call...) please see the screen shot of my pleasant request which has already received an automated response (who called that one in my first post??!!!)

That's all for now...short and partially sweet.  A longer more interesting post to follow once you know who gets their largely funded fully paid email response staff to get their S*** together!!

Until then adios amigos !!

Oh and to think I forgot to mention... (a little off topic but what the heck right!?)
 I made festive Pillsbury Pumpkin cookies to celebrate October and my ability to still be able to eat such luxuries this month.... .... .... Mmm Mmm


... Oooopsies!!

2 comments:

  1. Waiting to hear back from companies...sigh, story of my life. If you never hear back from them, you can do what I sometimes do and DECLARE A BOYCOTT. That'll stick it to World Vision.

    PS--I'm relieved to hear you're not living on a can of chick peas a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say you should also build your own straw hut re-use all your water by boiling it clean...

    ReplyDelete